Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Quick write: Medical emergency response traveling by dinosaur.

I lay on my back and just listen; listening to every single noise around me. One particularly stands out, a cry, almost a whimper.Its fairly close to the window. I glance to my right to discover that its 4:00 am. No, he can wait for a few more hours. Trying to slip back into my slumber, the crying gets louder. Sure enough the phone starts to ring. I roll myself to the closest side where the phone is. My body is sore from head to toe- i need to invest in some new equipment for riding i think. 
"Dr. Cohn speaking" My greeting is always formal. 
I listen very closely to the voice on the other line and quickly hang up once I've understood the message. i jump out of bed and throw on a clean pair of clothes. Racing out towards the whimper i say,
"okay boy, you ready?" i don't think he's ever been so excited to see me. I feed him an apple i was able to snatch from the kitchen on my way out. His response makes my laugh.
i suit him up, put all the medical tools i need on his right side, and all extras on the left. I set the latter on his left side, careful not to set it on his huge toe. It usually takes me about 5 minutes to get on him comfortably. When i sit down on his back, the sensation of the pain comes rushing back- i definitely have to invest in some new riding gear.
"Alright boy, you know what to do. Lets go!" 

The big blue dinosaur thumps into the sunrise, about to fulfill his duty. 
#779
dinosaur ambulance

No comments:

Post a Comment