Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thoughts of the day

So the thought of the day today is.... Sleep deprivation

Dont ask why in thinking about this at this exact moment but i am.
So i sit here in class and i think of how tired i am. Why am i tired? Well i obviously didn't get enough sleep last night. Then i realize i never really get enough sleep. The average sleep that an adolescent should be getting is about 6-8 right? i probably get about 4-6. WHY? That is the million dollar question and i have one simple answer. Distraction. I'm easily distracted when it comes to sleeping. Wether its my phone (twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Etc..), or another big one for me is the television. Its easy to get distracted by your favourite tv show or movie. 
But my question is, even though we KNOW how much sleep we should be getting per night for our bodies to function properly the next day, why don't we MAKE SURE we get that amount of sleep. WHY are social media sites more important than our health?! 
Well im speaking generally of couse, this applies to me but might not apply to everyone. 
WHYWHYWHY. 

SO that is my thought of the day, thank you for reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment